Sunday 8 May 2011

The Obvious Questions

When I encounter buskers playing on the streets of Toronto or in the TTC, I often wonder about their stories.  For those who have walked by and wondered, but haven't asked, here is mine.

Who are you?

I'm Debs, born and raised in Toronto, (more specifically a suburb of it though I live closer to the core these days).   I have a psych degree which has led me down job avenues completely unrelated to psych.  I read and knit and someday soon, I'll paint.  I'm a people person so don't be surprised if I smile and make eye contact when you pass by.  And if you stop to talk to me, that's great!

Musically I am a singer-songwriter wielding guitar, ukulele, piano,  flute and bass.  I've been writing for about 4 years many, many styles, but my overall tendency is toward folk, rock and jazz. I also indulge my geeky side as the more pragmatic half of the duo Debs and Errol, specializing in music for the geek soul.

Why are you busking?

The short answer is because I love it.
The slightly longer answer is that I probably wouldn't be busking if I hadn't recently lost my full time job.  As difficult as that was, it's helped propel me out of a stuck place and into a new (but scary!) place where have more time to do the things I love.  And this is what I love.

Where else can we find you?

Thanks for asking!  If you're interested in my original music or in upcoming shows, visit DeborahLinden.com (soon to be revamped), or my Facebook Fanpage.  For all things Debs and Errol, check out DebsandErrol.com.

2 comments: